Composite decking has become a popular choice for homeowners due to its durability and low maintenance requirements. Trex is one of the leading brands in the composite decking industry offering a range of colors to choose from. With so many options available it can be difficult to know which color is right for you.
In this article, we will explore the various colors of Trex composite decking to help you understand the factors you need to consider when making your decision and offer tips to help you choose the color that will best suit your needs and style.
Whether you’re looking for a bold, statement-making color or a subtle, natural look, this article will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision.
What Color of Trex Composite Decking Is Right?
When it comes to choosing the right color for your Trex composite decking there are many options available. You can choose from a variety of popular shades such as Beach Dune, Spiced Rum, Havana Gold, Fire Pit and Tiki Torch. There is also an assortment of multi-chromatic colors available like Vintage Lantern and Lava Rock. The possibilities are endless but ultimately the choice of color depends on your style and preference.
When selecting a shade for your Trex composite decking it is important to consider how it will look when paired with other elements in your outdoor living space. The color should complement the overall design of your yard as well as the furniture and other accents you plan to include. It’s also important to think about how the color might change over time due to sun exposure and weathering.
Available colors of Trex composite decking
Trex composite decking offers several different colors for your outdoor deck or patio. The most popular Trex colors are called “Earth Tones,” including brown, beige and gray tones. These colors offer a natural appearance that blends well with any outdoor space.
Other available colors include shades of blue, green, red and yellow. These colors can give your deck a more modern look or offer vibrant color options for a playful atmosphere. The Trex Color Selector tool allows you to see how different colors will look on your deck before making a decision.
Trex also offers several special-edition colors that are designed to mimic traditional wood stains such as cedar and mahogany. These colors are available in limited quantities so be sure to check availability before making a final decision.
No matter which color you choose Trex composite decking will provide a long-lasting, low-maintenance solution for your outdoor space. With the right care and maintenance, your deck can look great for years to come!
Pros and cons of each color
When selecting the right color for your Trex composite decking you may want to consider the pros and cons of each color. This chart provides a quick overview of some of the benefits and drawbacks associated with popular shades:
|Brown||Neutral color fits in with any landscape||Dark colors can show dirt and grime over time|
|Gray||Modern||Light colors can fade quickly in direct sun|
|Redwood||Warm and inviting color reminiscent of nature||Not the best color for high-traffic areas|
|Earth Tones||Natural look||May fade over time|
|Blue||Modern look||May clash with other elements|
|Green||Vibrant color||May fade over time|
|Yellow||Playful vibe||clash with other elements|
|Cedar/Mahogany||Closely resembles wood stain||Limited availability|
Ultimately, the best color for your Trex composite decking will depend on your personal preferences and the design of your outdoor space. Keep in mind that the color you choose may change over time so make sure to pick a shade that will fit your style for years to come.
Tips for selecting the best color for your Trex composite decking
1) Consider the color of your home or building
When selecting a color for your Trex decking, consider how it will pair with the overall look and feel of your home or building. A bolder hue may help the deck stand out, while more subtle shades can blend in seamlessly with its environment.
2) Sampling and testing different colors
Before making a final decision sample and test out different colors to find the best fit. This will help you get an accurate representation of how it will look when installed.
3) Your climate and weather conditions
If your home is located in an area with high temperatures, lighter colors are often ideal as they can help keep the deck cooler. If you’re looking for a cooler alternative, consider lighter shades that reflect sunlight more effectively. For wetter climates, darker colors may be better suited to resist staining and fading.
4) Working with a professional designer
If you’re still unsure of which color to choose consider working with a professional deck builder. They can provide an experienced eye to help you determine the best look for your deck.
5) Utilizing visual aids and design tools
Take advantage of visual aids and design tools to help you get a better idea of how the decking colors will look when used in a real-life setting. This can be especially helpful if you’re unsure of what a particular shade may look like in person.
Factors to consider when selecting a color
- Location: Where will the decking be located? Is it in a sunny, shady or damp location? Different colors of Trex composite decking may perform better in different areas.
- Overall design: What is the overall look and feel you are trying to achieve with your outdoor living space? Consider how the color of the decking will complement other features such as furniture, landscaping and siding.
- Maintenance: Different colors may require different levels of maintenance to keep them looking their best. Consider the time and effort you’re willing to dedicate to keeping your decking looking great.
- Durability: Trex composite decking is designed for long-lasting beauty. Different colors may have slightly different levels of durability so make sure to purchase one that can hold up to your lifestyle and climate.
- Cost: Different color options may come with varying costs so consider your budget when making a selection.
- Color of your house: The color of your house will impact the overall look and feel of your outdoor living space. Choose a color of Trex composite decking that complements the existing colors in your home.
- Environmental impact: If you’re concerned with sustainability consider opting for a color that is made from recycled materials and can be recycled again at the end of its lifespan.
- Warranties: Trex composite decking comes with a 25-year warranty but different color options may have their unique warranties that you should familiarize yourself with before making your purchase.
- Style: Consider how your choice of color will look in both natural and artificial light and how it will fit in with your other design choices.
- Personal preference: Ultimately, the most important factor to consider is what color you think looks best! Choose a color that speaks to you and adds the perfect finishing touch to your outdoor space.
FAQs – Color of Trex Composite Decking
How do I choose the right color for my deck?
When selecting a color for your deck, it’s important to consider the overall look and feel you want to create. Consider things like the size of the space, nearby landscape features and other elements that may affect the appearance. If you’re looking for a classic look, choose natural wood tones or earthy colors such as greens and browns.
If you’re looking to make a statement, consider brighter colors like reds, yellows and blues. It’s also important to think about how much sun the area receives. No matter what your choice is, be sure to pick something that will bring out the best in your deck.
Does the color of my deck fade over time?
Yes, the color of your deck may fade over time. This is due to a variety of factors, including exposure to sunlight, rain and other elements, as well as wear and tear from frequent use.
To prevent your deck’s color from fading too quickly, you can take a few preventative steps.
- Applying a sealant will help protect your deck from the elements and keep its color vibrant for longer.
- You can also minimize direct sunlight exposure by installing an outdoor awning or shading system.
- Additionally, make sure to clean your deck regularly and replace any damaged or worn areas.
Can I change the color of my Trex deck in the future?
Yes, it is possible to change the color of a Trex deck. Trex decking is made of a composite material that can be painted or stained. If you want to change the color of your deck, you can either paint it with a deck paint specifically designed for composite decking or stain it with a composite deck stain.
It’s important to note that changing the color of your Trex deck may void the warranty, so it’s best to check with the manufacturer before proceeding. Additionally, it’s important to properly prepare the surface and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure a long-lasting result.
In conclusion, the right color of Trex composite decking for you ultimately depends on your personal preferences and the overall aesthetic of your outdoor space. Consider factors such as the color of your home, surrounding landscaping and the amount of natural light your deck will receive when making your decision.
It’s also a good idea to order color samples and see how they look in person before making a final choice. Ultimately, the most important thing is to choose a color that you love and that complements your outdoor living space.